Why do we have tryouts?
We have official tryouts each year as all travel teams/clubs do towards the end of each spring season. Our goal is to give each team the opportunity to select new players who will have a positive impact on their teams and to also properly place players on either Red, White, Black or Yellow or teams within their appropriate age groups.
How will teams be selected?
Teams will be tiered with nomenclature as follows with corresponding playing levels, commitment, and expectations. Head age-group coaches will make final decisions after consulting with the other coaches in the age group, coaches assisting in the tryout process, and the Directors of Coaching. Finally, where possible, the club will look to make first (Red) second (White), third (Black), fourth (Yellow) teams in the age groups where the player pool is large enough to support more than one team.
Why should players be tiered?
It is important for players to be placed into environments which allow them to enjoy success, learn skills that are specific to the rate of development, and participate in brackets/divisions in both leagues and tournaments that are appropriate to the players level. It is also very important to realize that players all mature at different rates. We regularly see situations in our club where players who are on second (White) teams at U9-U12 who work themselves onto first (Red) teams given time, effort, and a quality team and training environment. Mid-season player movement may occur based on merit, additional assessment, supplement tryouts and league and roster rules.
Who should I contact with questions?
Feel free to contact the age group coaches or Technical Director Pat Noel, DOC Girls Steve Campbell DOC Boys Colin Herriot
- Please check the Web site for any field closures or changes to the tryout schedule.
- Please complete the Tryout Registration Form Information Online.
- Players will be contacted by the coach within 72 hours after the final tryout of their status.
- Players will have 24 hours to make a decison once contacted.
- Upon acceptance of postion on team, players have 24 hours to officially register online and make initial payment to be considered an offical member of the team and club.
updated May 18, 2013